12.14.2005

Happy Festivus!

We've been watching a number of movies around GateTree House in recent weeks. We're working through our 80's sci-fi lineup: Bladerunner, Alien (actually 1979), The Thing, The Terminator, & Buckaroo Banzai, with Brazil & maybe Aliens left to go. I'm sure there are a couple of others I'll throw in, Mad Max & a few more.
We've also been hitting the Christmas playlist this past week - Bing: Going My Way and Holiday Inn, A Nightmare Before Christmas, BlackAdder's Christmas Carol and The Grinch (the real one) among others.
We've also watched an odd assortment of other films - Soldiers & Saints - a good WWII story with reenacters that won a ton of awards (a little religious, but very good), Northfork - a surreal drama about death & leaving the heartland from the Polish Brothers, King Arthur, which was better than I expected, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which is an odd combination of true science fiction and a love story. I probably shouldn't like it, but I really did.

No comments: